Wednesday, March 25, 2009

8 Years Later

Travis and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary yesterday. We dated 8 years before we were married so technically we've been together for 16 years. I won't say it's been smooth sailing, it's been a rough road. But I have to say it's been worth the ride. Travis and I are closer now than we have ever been, we can thank GOD for that. He's really worked on us this year and I am blessed for that.

He actually remembered this year!!! He even got me a card. We enjoyed a nice dinner at PF Changs alone. My parents took Easton to his T-ball practice. We rushed home after dinner to pick Easton up to end up letting him con us into spending the night with Papaw and Nana. This was a first, he is just getting to where he asks to stay. We usually don't let him stay over during the week since I have to work, Easton goes to daycare, and my mom has to work as well. But.... Travis and I took advantage of the time alone on a special day.

Easton called first thing this morning to invite me to breakfast with him and Papaw at Cracker Barrel, how could I turn down such a sweet invite. My dad and Easton have the most special bond I have ever seen. Easton played hookie from daycare and him and Papaw enjoyed a nice lazy, rainy day. I on the other hand had to go to work, but with this scary economy I am thankful to have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment