Monday, March 23, 2009

My Weekend

I enjoyed a lazy weekend. Travis had planned a guy trip to Clinch River to do a little trout fishing and Papaw and Nana took Easton to the lake house. Wow! I was home alone.

I think this was a first. Usually Easton stays with my parents when I am out of town for work. I usually don't give up my weekends with Easton easily. Since I work full-time, I'm a little stingy with my weekends.

So.... Friday night I did nothing. I sit in the recliner and watched TV. I needed to be cleaning up the playroom, but I opted out of that. Saturday I went shopping. Shopping without a child is really the way to go. I went to Calhoun to the outlet where I ended up buying for Travis and Easton. I ended up at the mall where I met up with my cousin and friend. We ended the night at J.Alexanders for dinner and dessert at the Acropolis (chocolate cake of course). Yes... we went to a different location for dessert. It was a true girls night out.

Travis and I went to church Sunday morning and lunch out alone. Papaw and Nana were home pretty early with Easton. Just in time for him to get a nap and us to head back to church. He missed his mommy. I put him to bed in his own bed just like we have been doing. He snuck into my bed about 30 minutes later with a "mommy can I please sleep with you, I missed you". How could I say no to that. I know it was step backward, but you have to ask yourself what's really more important in life? Getting my child out of the bed with us or enjoying every minute of sweetness. I opted for the sweetness last night.

1 comment: